Log in

No account? Create an account
31 July 2009 @ 03:47 pm
Oh, f-list....  
So. Say, on a ship (in this case a space ship) when the elevator or lift from one deck to another doesn't work, what is that ladder thing you can climb instead called? You see it in all sorts of SF movies/TV shows. I don't think "ladder" is right, but damn if the words to call it by don't completely escape me at the moment.
Current Mood: workingworking
Luna: SGA - John looking to sidelunasky on August 1st, 2009 02:24 am (UTC)
I'm not sure this helps at all but I think in Star Trek it's a Jeffries (sp?) tube. Hmm...maybe looking up Navy slag would help...give me a sec...
Luna: SGA - Rodney upside down by siriaevelunasky on August 1st, 2009 02:28 am (UTC)
Actually I think ladder might be ok. Since most space ships use naval terms, seems like "ladder" is perfectly acceptable. I couldn't find anything else. Sorry!
rhienellethrhienelleth on August 1st, 2009 02:36 am (UTC)
Thanks! :) I'll use ladder for now, and see if I find anything else or not w/more research.